the misadventures of a Northwesterner afloat in the windy city

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Too busy to feel pain.

I can explain...

For the past few weeks I have been faced with several forms of writers block.

Type 1: So little going on that I can’t bring myself to document it.

Type 2: So much going on that finding time to document it is a moot point

Currently, I am somewhere between the two which happens to be the perfect time to engage in the three “Rs”: recollection, reflection and recrimination. Where to begin?
I suppose we can go all the way back to Devin’s visit and the coinciding whirlwind Chicago theater tour.

IMG_0328.JPG

Wednesday, October 18
2000 Improv Olympic: Sketch comedy upstairs – “Sketchy.”
2300 TJ and Dave Downstairs – “This guys can ‘rip it up.’”

Thursday, October 19
1900 Plastecine Theater: One False Note or How to Rob a Bank – “Excellent, entertaining and educational.”
2230 Annoyance Theater: Messing With Friends – “Annoyance Theater: Not just a clever name.”

Saturday, October 21
1930 House Theater: Hatfield and McCoy – “This one deserves and Oscar, but the kind for plays.”

Sunday, October 22
2200 Improv Olympic: Rag Dolls, Deathstorm, Super Fun Time – “I laughed my hair off, got a toupee, laughed that off too.”

Monday, October 23
1330 The Art Institute of Chicago - “Pure comedy!”

Damn, I am tired just from remembering all those awesome times!
The day after Devin leaves, Sean arrives to take his place and we put on the most amazing performance of all… Myth: Soulblighter. If Sean knows what’s good for him, he’ll do a little more “rehearsing” before our next “performance.”

IMG_0359.JPG

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean renders the mystic metal from beneath his belt, and shrieks
"With this blazen blade, I shan't do no wrong and in my wake may all my foes weep to their oncoming fate!"

Monday, November 13, 2006 12:58:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home